Social Items

An agreement was reached Sunday night to re-broadcast the sports channels of the country's BN Sport group in the UAE, a source close to the negotiations between the BN and the UAE's du network said. The du network in the UAE confirmed that they had started receiving a new BBC Sport after a 24-hour break. "An agreement has just been signed and the programs have come back via Du +," the source, who asked not to be identified, said.
Earlier on Sunday, BN Sport announced the failure of negotiations with du, which would have prevented hundreds of thousands of customers from watching the World Cup. "The inability to reach an agreement" caused the suspension of service on Saturday, the BBC said in a statement received by AFP.
The contract between the two parties ended on May 31, but BN granted du an extra 24 hours to complete the contract and ensure continuity of service to viewers, but to no avail.
Du, which provides satellite and telephone services to residents of the UAE, along with a second company, Etisalat, said in a statement on its website on Saturday that it was interrupted by a decision by the Qatari group, without giving details. The interruption came days before a year after relations between Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Egypt were cut off on June 5, 2017, as Doha was accused of supporting extremist organizations.
Shortly after the outbreak of the crisis, the BBC's channels in the UAE were suspended, but it returned in July. The new interruption came at a time when the Qatari group announced that its channels were being hacked in the region, and that a channel called "PTUQ" was broadcasting the content of its channels illegally. Qatar's BN Sport has the rights to broadcast the 2018 World Cup, which starts in less than two weeks, and will broadcast all 64 matches in the Middle East and the UAE. This week, the country's national sports network, FIFA, asked for legal action to stop "pimps" from broadcasting in the region.

source

"BN Sport" to reach an agreement with the "du" UAE

An agreement was reached Sunday night to re-broadcast the sports channels of the country's BN Sport group in the UAE, a source close to the negotiations between the BN and the UAE's du network said. The du network in the UAE confirmed that they had started receiving a new BBC Sport after a 24-hour break. "An agreement has just been signed and the programs have come back via Du +," the source, who asked not to be identified, said.
Earlier on Sunday, BN Sport announced the failure of negotiations with du, which would have prevented hundreds of thousands of customers from watching the World Cup. "The inability to reach an agreement" caused the suspension of service on Saturday, the BBC said in a statement received by AFP.
The contract between the two parties ended on May 31, but BN granted du an extra 24 hours to complete the contract and ensure continuity of service to viewers, but to no avail.
Du, which provides satellite and telephone services to residents of the UAE, along with a second company, Etisalat, said in a statement on its website on Saturday that it was interrupted by a decision by the Qatari group, without giving details. The interruption came days before a year after relations between Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Egypt were cut off on June 5, 2017, as Doha was accused of supporting extremist organizations.
Shortly after the outbreak of the crisis, the BBC's channels in the UAE were suspended, but it returned in July. The new interruption came at a time when the Qatari group announced that its channels were being hacked in the region, and that a channel called "PTUQ" was broadcasting the content of its channels illegally. Qatar's BN Sport has the rights to broadcast the 2018 World Cup, which starts in less than two weeks, and will broadcast all 64 matches in the Middle East and the UAE. This week, the country's national sports network, FIFA, asked for legal action to stop "pimps" from broadcasting in the region.

source

No comments